Product Updates | Q3 2012
July 31, 2012: MicroSeismic, Inc. (MicroSeismic) announced today that it has introduced new technology and solutions with its next generation of services. The changes include an upgrade to the patented Passive Seismic Emission Tomography (PSET™) technology, introduction of Seismicity Monitoring services and the MicroSeismic Reservoir Intelligence (MRI) online portal, which will all be available Q3 2012. View the full press release.
MicroSeismic has upgraded its patented passive seismic monitoring, mapping and analysis process called PSET™ 4.0 with the following enhancements:
- PSET Monitoring – Improves imaging in low signal quality areas through the use of a new proprietary processing technique.
- PSET™ VTI (Vertical Transverse Isotropy) – Provides the ability to estimate and account for anisotropy to create more accurate velocity models.
- PSET™ Alert – Enhances real time capabilities to automatically trigger alerts based on customer defined criteria.
- PSET™ Viewer – Available online through the MRI Portal which allows customers to rapidly view their microseismic results in a 3D Viewer on their computer or tablet.
MicroSeismic Reservoir Intelligence (MRI) Portal
MicroSeismic now enables organizations to view their microseismic results in a single, online repository via the MRI (MicroSeismic Reservoir Intelligence) portal being rolled out to customers in Q3. The proprietary application provides a 3D view of PSET generated event sets and allows users to manipulate event set data for additional analysis.
Based on proven and proprietary BuriedArray™ near-surface monitoring technology, Seismicity Monitoring provides customers a means to demonstrate that positive magnitude events which occur as a result of nearby natural seismicity are unrelated with fracturing or wastewater activity.
- Allow for on-going, low cost measurements of seismicity for a single pad, township or over a large region
- Event resolution can be 10X better or more than available USGS/NRCan networks which helps to accurately pinpoint and demonstrate the safety of subsurface treatment activity
ML 0 and greater
|Township (< 50 sq miles)||± 50'||± 300'||± 5 miles|
|Extended (< 500 sq miles)||± 150'||± 600'||± 5 miles|
|Regional (> 500 sq miles)||± 2000'||± 5 miles|
|*USGS resolution for a ML 2.0 event|
For additional information about the latest releases from MicroSeismic, please Contact Us.
MicroSeismic, Inc. trademarks are also registered marks in the USA, Canada and other nations.